We teach all aspects of garment construction whether you want to learn pattern making for garments that are of industry standards or make professionally tailored garments, casual clothes, evening wear, children’s wear, stretch sewing, fancy dress or learn to repair and do alterations.
Small classes for individual attention in a crafty, well equipped, cozy sewing studio in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
Classes are held every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 10 am to 2 pm
You get the flexibility of selecting your days and timing on a weekly basis.
If you love fashion and can’t wait to create your own master pieces, then this course is for you. Make your own customized clothing that fits your body.
· Introduction to hand stitches and the sewing Machine – 2 hours
· Complete body measurements – 2 hours
· Create basic bodice (blocks/slopes/moulage) for your upper body, lower body and sleeves – 6 hours
· Test fitting using the calico fabric – 6 hours
· Pattern drafting for any of your preferred blouse, skirt and dress design using the basic blocks – 4 hours
· Tracing the patterns accurately with uniform seam allowance – 4 hours
· Tacking/basting all the pieces together – 6 hours
· Sewing on matching using proper garment construction techniques as per the industry standards – 10 hours
Duration – 40 Hours to be finished in 3 Months
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 am to 2 pm and Saturday 10 am to 4 pm. You have the flexibility to select your days and time from these windows as long as you finish your hours within 3 months.
Get better at your skills and explore higher levels pattern drafting that only Industry masters can claim to know.
1. Formal Pants
2. Formal Jacket
3. Evening Wear
· Body measurements and pattern drafting for Pants – 3 hours
· Pattern drafting for Jacket using basic upper body sloper – 3 hours
· Pattern drafting for an evening wear– 3 hours
· Test fitting for Pants, Jacket and Evening wear using the calico fabric – 3 hours
· Tracing the patterns accurately with uniform seam allowance – 4 hours
· Tacking/basting all the pieces together – 4 hours
· Sewing on matching using proper garment construction techniques as per the industry standards – 30 hours
Duration - 50 Hours to be finished in 4 Months
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 am to 2 pm and Saturday 10 am to 4 pm. You have the flexibility to select your days and time from these windows as long as you finish your hours with in 4 months.
Increase your employability and acquire a skill set that can potentially turn into a business. Highly professional and comparable to any Fashion Design Institute this course will equip you all the knowledge of professional dress making but with flexible timings and on part time basis. If you are a working individual looking for a career shift or a home maker who wants to work from home this course is for you.
4. Formal Pants
5. Formal Jacket
6. Evening Wear
7. Fashion Illustration and guidance on portfolio building
Whether you’re applying to fashion school, hoping to make it onto the next season of Project Runway, or are self-taught designer hoping to take your sewing and/or designing to the next level, you will need to show your designs in the form of concepts and ideas. In these 6 months Complete Dress Making Course you are not only creating well sewn garments but are also recording your journey in the form of fashion drawing and illustrations.
Duration - 120 Hours to be finished in 6 Months
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 am to 2 pm and Saturday 10 am to 4 pm. You have the flexibility to select your days and time from these windows as long as you finish your hours within 6 months plus 2 months for fashion illustration and portfolio making.
The Bridal Course is for experienced designers who can already sew but want to start a Bridalwear line creating bespoke and high fashion clothing for their customers. And the beauty behind the Course is it teaches so many principles which you can even apply not only to wedding gowns but also to bridesmaids dresses and red carpet dresses.
Duration - 4 months
Love Bollywood? Can’t stop admiring the Sabyasachi and Manish Malhotra Designs?
Now you can create your own Indian wear styles with this very unique one of a kind Indian Dress Making Course.
1. Sari Blouse – 2 Designs
2. Punjabi Suits – 2 Designs
3. Pants/Bottoms – 2 Designs
Duration - 3 months
Create custom-fit bras with your home sewing machine.. Choose the perfect fabric, pattern and size. Use stretch to your advantage as you cut out your pattern pieces. Then, create the cups, add the straps, sew the side seams and attach the cups to the bra’s frame. Learn professional techniques for applying elastic to the bottom bands, top bands and neckline for greater comfort. Build structure with an optional underwire and keep it in place with bar tacks. Finish your bra beautifully with topstitched channeling, adjustable back straps and a hook-and-eye closure — sew flawless bras personalized for you!
All pattern and supplies are included in class fee. You can bring your own machine, but we will have one ready for students who don’t.
Duration - 2 Months
A complete all-in-one adorably short course for adorable little people. Make your own Children Wear Collection using universally used standard measurement chart. The course contains pattern drafting and construction of Dress, Skirt and Pants using perfect techniques and methods. Students will learn –
You will be provided all the tools and equipments including the sewing machines during the class hour however if you wish to practice at home you can purchase the same from us. You will be required to bring your own preferred fabric.
Duration - 3 Months
Build a life long of skill not just a project.
Teach children the basic of sewing in a creative, encouraging and fun atmosphere. The curriculum of kids classes has one a kind projects that are personally designed by Ms Kalpana to keep the kids excited and asking for more.
Students will learn-
Certificate of completion at the end of 12 classes will be awarded.
You will be provided all the tools, equipments and fabric including the sewing machines during the class hour however if you wish to practice at home you can purchase the same from us.
Duration - 12 Classes , 1.5 hours each
Bridal, Evening and Special Occasion Wear
Duration - 6 months
Finesse the art of the perfect fit and master the sewing techniques used by the world's finest fashion houses.
In this comprehensive and specialized course, you will focus on the intricacies and techniques utilized in evening wear and bridal. Students will learn how to draft, construct and manipulate fabrics utilizing a variety of specialty fabrics and finishes, including beading, lace work, and tailoring, as well as learn how to drape in jersey and silk. At the completion of this module, you will draft and assemble two couture evening wear designs that reflect your personal design point of view and brand.
Limited to 18 seats only.
Class times are flexible: you can choose from weekday and Saturday mornings or afternoons.
Mid-term enrolments are often possible. Please contact us and we'll do our best to fit you in.
For students currently enrolled in our professional program, longer classes or multiple courses, discounts may apply.
• Understanding couture applique and principles.
• Learning fashion terminology.
• Analyzing textiles for special occasions.
• Identify the appropriate blocks for specific garments.
HAND SEWING TECHNIQUES
• Learning how to apply and remove sequins
• Learn construction and application of a zipper and lining.
• Develop hand sewing of sequins in seam allowance and sequin replacement.
• Practicing hand beading techniques
• Learn how to create different seams.
• Learn about different hems
• Install invisible zipper in dress.
• Merge lining and exteriors
• Hand stitch techniques.
• Analyzing and understanding silk
• Cutting and preparing silk charmeuse.
• Understanding printed textile and matching prints to seams.
• Learning about knit fabrics and preparing fabrics
• Ruching and controlled fullness and stabilizing.
PATTERN, CONSTRUCTION & FIT
• Learning about the cocktail dress
• Manipulating a circle skirt block and drafting a pattern for the skirt
• Constructing and pressing with tailoring techniques.
• Bounding buttonholes.
• Creating patch pocket
• Installing shoulder pad and lining
• Compete interior tacking and final pressing.
• Manipulating blocks to create bustier pattern.
• Learning how to apply boning in to bustier.
• Creating couture lace over bustier with no seams.
• Understanding Crinoline construction.
• Adjusting fit on a live a model
This fashion drawing course will help you explore drawing styles and techniques in the context of fashion. We'll show you how to express your designs figuratively, and get your ideas on paper. You'll learn to draw a fashion figure, deconstruct and sketch garments, and seamlessly combine figures with clothing.
By the end of the course, you'll know the ins and outs of drawing throughout the design process, be able to communicate design ideas more freely and effectively, and have a collection of work for your portfolio.
The course includes:
Duration - 20 Hours
1.5 hour each class.