Connect with us for dress making and sewing classes and courses.
D 7-3, Menara SuezCap 2, KL Gateway, Jalan Kerinchi, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
To learn pattern making basics join our ONLINE PATTERN MAKING COURSE
– Printed cotton fabric, approx 3.5m
d. Across shoulder
METHOD UPPER PART
1. From point O mark A i.e. shoulder to waist length.
2. From point O mark B which is 1/2 of across shoulder
3. From point O mark C i.e. 1/4 th of chest.
4. From point C mark point E which is 1/4th of chest +
5. From point B mark F i.e. 1/36th of chest
6. Mark point H from point A i.e. 1/4 th of waist + 1″
and join HA with straight line
7. Join FO with straight line. Join HE with straight line.
8. From F mark point Y i.e. 1.5” on line FO.
9. Mark point X from point O i.e. 1/12th of chest + 1”.
10. Mark point W on centre front from point X i.e. 1.5”.
11. Mark diagonal line from point E to O.
12. Now we get point R, from point R to E make a slight
curve for arm hole and give shape as shown in
1. Draw a rectangle WXZY as shown in the figure.
2. WY= 12” and WX=20”.
3. Draw 2” rectangle inside WXZY as shown.
4. Place CD on AB and EF on GH and MN on KL and OP
on QR and make pleats .
5. Similarly repeat the steps for back.
1. Stitch the side seams with French seam
2. Finish the hem with blind hem.
3. Concealed zipper will be attached at back .
1. Decorative laces and trims can be added at the
2. Colorful buttons can be used as show buttons.
3. Colorful threads can also be used for stitching.
4. Different fabrics in the same color tone (one solid
and one printed ) can be used
If you wish to learn the art of dress making in a systematic and professional manner then Click Here
For free tutorials do follow and subscribe me on YouTube
If you wish to buy my ready made PDF patterns visit my Etsy shop
And if you are feeling generous to follow me on Instagram then Click Here 🥰